Saturday 10 July 2010

Glastonbury 2010







Mid-summer sees me and my crew hauling a truck load of sculptures and some more down the motorway to Worthy Farm, Pilton home of Glastonbury Festival. For some years I have been working for the Greencrafts Field and Avalon installing large willow sculptures. This year we worked for the second time in the BBC backstage garden where we installed a pair of revellers waving their wickered hands in the air. I was deeply gutted to receive photos of Stevie Womder being interviewed next to one of them but to not have it in the shot, but likewise very moved to think he was so close to them. One of my all time heros. We were also asked by Liz Elliot (Greenfields Co Ordinator) if we could possibly burn a sculpture for the opening in the Kings Meadow on the Wednesday night. One of my old sculptures was duly stuffed and stretched to oblige and went up with a woosh. In the Craftfield we installed an archway that was illuminted at night with LED light and my old Devil made an appearance below a beautiful Angel. Down in Avalon where my two new Wicked Foxes with their banjo and fiddle making their debut before taking to the road to CambridgeFolk who have commissioned them. Plus there where a couple of smaller things out and about..a big ball in Cafe Tango and a figure in the garden at the railway line crossroads. Thanks to all who helped and thanks to whoever sorted the weather that was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment